Monday, February 25, 2013

The pack and play that saved the day.

I have a confession. My daughter has slept in her car seat for most of her life thus far. Being so scared of SIDS, it has been the only way that Sophie and I get any sleep. With the car seat her head is propped up so she can't choke if she spits up, there's no risk of her being suffocated by a blanket or crib bumpers and I can rest assured that she won't end up on her tummy. I know that it seems silly or downright uncomfortable but Sophie has grown accustomed to her cozy, reclined, sleeping position. So much so that I realized that she won't or can't sleep anywhere else.
     I tried weaning her off the car seat and into the bassinet. After 4 nights of pure baby crying hell, I gave up. Hey, I've got to sleep occasionally...
     My mother HATES the idea (let me reiterate that she hates it, really REALLY hates) that I let my daughter sleep in a car seat and I knew that when Sophie, my mom and I spent the weekend at my grandparents that I was going to have to figure something out. After doing a little research I set out to buy a pack and play that I could take with us with the hopes that Sophie would take to the "cozy bassinet nook".  I ended up with a Graco newborn cuddler deluxe. This thing is amazing. It has a full bassinet, a newborn bassinet "basket", a changing table, a diaper caddy, a mobile, an mp3 player and...it vibrates! Not only have I finally broken the bad car seat habit, it turns out that I could've just invested in this and skipped buying the crib, changing table and the bassinet!!!! Note to self for our second kid...
     The picture says it all. There she is guys, sound asleep, stretched out and perfect. Today I do a victory dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment